The whole world is a majestic place where things evolve every single minute. Evolution is a lengthy process, it continues every day. Nanotechnology is one such evolution. It is considered to be a science, engineering and technology that occurs at a nanoscale. This technology is used in various sectors to improvise them. It is used in many sectors such as Information Technology, medicine, energy, security and much more. Nanotechnology is continuing to showcase its importance. It also offers more efficient power sources and much more. In this article, you will be able to understand the concepts of nanotechnology.
Nanotechnology is a science, engineering conducted at a nanoscale which is between 1-100 nanometers. It means the study and applications of nanoparticles which are extremely small things in various fields such as biology, physics, chemistry and much more. The father of nanotechnology is Richard Feynman. The concept of nanotechnology was first explained by Physicist Richard Feynman in 1959 at an American physical society meeting.
He continued to explain how each individual of atoms and molecules could be manipulated and controlled. In the later years, Professor Norio Taniguchi coined the term nanotechnology. After the invention of the scanning tunnelling microscope, the scientists could see the individual molecules and atoms which resulted in the development of nanotechnology. This is a brief history of how nanotechnology was started and who contributed to its discovery.
- It is impossible to understand how small is small in nanotechnology. It is about 10-9 of a meter. Some of the examples to explain the size of the nano-objects is, the thickness of the newspaper is about 100,000 nanometers.
- Nanotechnology is the ability to manipulate and control individual atoms and molecules.
- It is impossible to see atoms and molecules through the eyes. To work with nanotechnology it is necessary to use nanoscale which was invented in the early 1980s.
- Nanotechnology is being widely used by scientists due to its enhanced higher strengths, lightweight, chemical reactivity and much more.
- Nanotechnology is used to improve the environment and health through various innovations such as environmental sensors, water purification, and much more. These technologies provide a healthy alternative to non-renewable energy.
- They are being used to provide point-of-care internet-linked devices. And also help in diagnosis.
- Nanotechnology is being used in the field of medicine at a vast rate and they are used in the treatment of various cancers. This is done by constantly harming the cancer cells and not the healthy cells.
- In the field of agriculture, nanotechnology can be used to keep plants alive for a longer time. It can be achieved through silver nanoparticles which will act as an antibacterial agent.
- Nanotechnology is being used to clean the environment by removing air and water pollutants for a longer time.
- In the food industry, to detect pathogens in food, nanobiosensors can be used.
- Nanotechnology is also used in the textile industry. It is used to make wrinkle-free and stain-free dresses.
Nanotechnology is one of the most emerging technologies. In the current scenario, nanoscience is offering lots of benefits to both the environment and many sectors. It offers environmentally friendly alternative solutions which is one of the main reasons it is becoming evolutionary technology. It is also considered to become something that will redefine the whole society, economics and much more. Some of the top nanotechnology startups in India are listed below.
Ad-Nano technologies provide Graphene and Carbon Nanotubes at a lower price. They also provide consultancy worldwide. Their goal is to provide materials that are thermal durable, stronger and much more. Along with being environmentally friendly they also provide lightweight, strong, efficient and low-cost products. They provide graphene/nanotube/nanowire synthesis, purification, Characterization. This makes them one of the unique and specialized companies in nanotechnology.
Concept Medical was founded in 2008 at Surat. They are a research-based organization that has developed a novel drug-eluting balloon catheter for the treatment of cardiovascular diseases. This startup offers various nanoparticles drugs that are used in the process of healing. Along with this, they also offer various more drugs that are very much helpful in the treatments. This company is based in San Jose.
Velbionanotech was founded in the year 2002. They are based in Bangalore. One of the huge goals of the company is to promote and research topics like nanotechnology worldwide. Their products are drugs for the treatment of Urology, Neuro, and cardio diseases with the help of nanotechnology. Some of the products they offer are nanosensors, Micro Doctors, herbal medicine and much more. They are creating a significant effect in the field of medicine with the help of nanotechnology and nanoscience.
Yashnanotech company is operating from Mumbai. They are a part of Yash Management and Satellite. They offer worldwide nanotechnology business consultancy and services related to them. They have recently paired up with a UK based company, Cientifica Limited, to grow the potential of nanotechnology. One of the biggest goals of this company is to connect Indian Nanotechnology services worldwide, through this we can easily gain more insights.
Nanobio chemicals are operating from their corporate office in Mumbai and their production is conducted in Belgaum, Karnataka. They are providing various products related to nanotechnologies. Thus making them one of the well-known nanotechnology companies in the country. Some of their products are Nanoscience educational kits, Custom Peptide, nanocomposites, nano chains and much more.
- 5 Cost-effective Cyber Security Tips for Startups
- What is Startup Training? Should You Join Startup Training?
- Retail Management for Startups
Nanotechnology is one of the ever-growing technologies that are now changing economics, science and technology. They are redefining a lot of things we have ever known. Even though there are some disadvantages to nanotechnology such as threats to privacy, health, security and many more, we can say with confidence that nanoscience is going to be a huge part of our future. They are making huge changes in environments by cleaning up toxic pollutants and also in health at a cheaper rate. These changes are making them one of the most useful technologies. Hopefully, this article gives you a little insight into nanoscience and nanotechnology.